- Project: EnAct "Environmental actions to promote alternative forms of tourism
- Purpose: The economic balanced development of the region through the protection, enhancement and exploitation of the rich natural resources of the area.
- Specifically, the project aims promoting new alternative forms of tourism environmental interest with a view to improving the quality of life in create new business opportunities and reducing high unemployment with emphasis on reducing youth unemployment the creation of a network for the development of alternative tourism in the region with respect to the natural environment
- transfer and exchange of expertise between the partners to encourage cross-border cooperation for strengthening local economies
- promoting sustainable development and improving the quality of life in the elimination of regional disparities.
- Funding Source: IPA Cross-Border Programme Greece - Bulgaria 2007-2013
- Company Scheme: The partnership consists of five (5) players in the cross. The project is coordinated by the Municipality Visaltia - as Lead Partner - while participating as partners the Greek Mountaineering Association and the Chamber Nigritas Serres from Greek side and the BelasitsaNatureParkDirectorate CentreforthedevelopmentofRhodopes and the Bulgarian side.